Friday, January 12, 2007

The worst assignment I've ever had.

This semester I am taking a class on Insects and their impact on human health. I thought ok, a few gross pictures and a lot of reading and a few papers to write, right? Oh no, I couldn't be more wrong. Today we were given our semester long assignment. This is a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach, and he lives with us now. That's right, I have to care for him like a pet. And yes, I was one of the girls on the back row that actually screamed. I am not happy about this but determined to get over my disgust to get a good grade. All in the name of higher education I guess. I have no idea how this is supposed to make me a good interior designer but we shall see. The kids are excited, Carli named him "Ziggy" and wants him to sleep in her room. Probably not.

No comments: