Having a birthday on Cinco de Mayo has some serious benefits, and some draw backs. Free food at any Mexican restaurant, but it also falls right smack in the middle of finals every year. So, more than anything I just wanted to be with my kids and relax. The day started off great, a phone call from my parents in the Philippines, then two finals back to back- brutal.
The rest of the day went great, lots of phone calls, friends dropping by, and the kids and I had dinner with some friends from work. Late night chocolate cake was also another bonus.
It was more than I had expected, but very much appreciated. I have truly been blessed with great kids, an awesome family and wonderful friends.
Getting to wear the Sombrero at dinner every year is one of the little perks I get for having a birthday on a holiday. I think I feel a little like the old hat they put on me this year. It's old, smells funny and is a little ragged and tired looking; but it's got a ton of character! Life is good at 31!

Playing in friendship square down town before dinner






2 comments:
Mindy, I love to see that you have updated your blog. The kids are getting so big, I can't wait to give them all hugs and kiss in 7 months.
Sorry that you were born on that spanish holiday, but you were the one that wanted to come out, a couple more hours and it would have been the 6th of May. But you had to be born on your due date. Over here if your birthday is on a birthday of a saint then you get a day off with pay,and a holiday is even better, you get two to three days off.
Love you Mom
Happy Birthday! Isn't it great to be over 30?? I think 30 is just an awful holding ground...and when you turn 31 you are ready to accept your age! Well at least that is what I think! I have a few months of sulking to do!
Post a Comment