Saturday, November 07, 2009

Blog Schmog

Ok, so I know I am really lame at updating my blog. There are a million reasons why, but I'll fill you in on the biggest one. For a long time I thought I could only blog about the fantastic, wonderful amazing things that me and my perfectly normal, we don't need any sympathy for our life kids accomplish.
Well, that was before a little road trip that my friend and I took this summer. Somewhere in the conversation we ended up talking about control and composure... probably because I usually lack it on most days and fake it on the rest. We ended up talking about how sometimes it's annoying to get a Christmas card or an e-mail update from a friend and is all you hear about are the amazing and wonderful things their family does, the miraculous feats that she has accomplished, the 14 kids they home school who are all gifted musicians... and nothing of normalcy. The conclusion that we came to is that it's frustrating because when someone else goes to such lengths to appear so in control and so organized and so put together, it can be alienating for the rest of us who have to have a little insanity in our daily diet.
The more I thought about this the more I realized, oooohhh... That's me. I don't know if I have alienated anyone by my once yearly update, but I sure hope not. Life here in quaint little Moscow Idaho sure didn't come with Rose colored glasses.
Don't get me wrong, I am not about to dish on all the drama that sometimes swims upstream and dies on the bank of our creek. Who needs that? And I certainly am not about to start publicly bad mouthing anyone. That's what I have a facebook page for.
I will however, tell it a little more like it is. We all need a healthy dose of that, no one more than myself.

1 comment:

The Howards said...

Nice face lift! I thought we were all perfect??? What are you talking about? I am ALWAYS so calm, cool, and collected. And my rug rats are always in perfect control of themselves at all times...you just remember that. ")